Former U.S. Ambassador to Ethiopia and Burkina Faso, David Shinn, who is now an adjunct professor at George Washington University, is widely regarded as one of the leading experts on China-Africa military relations. In this talk at the U.S. Department of Defense-funded Africa Center for Strategic Studies, Ambassador Shinn discusses the following:
- What does China want from Africa?
- The current state of security relations between China and Africa.
- Where is the security relationship going between these two regions?
- Get a daily email packed with the latest China-Africa news and analysis.
- Read exclusive insights on the key trends shaping China-Africa relations.
- Connect with leading professionals on the China- Africa Experts Network.
You've reached your free monthly article limit.
Subscribe today for unlimited access.
What is The China-Africa Project?
The CAP is passionately independent, non-partisan and does not advocate for any country, company or culture.
A carefully curated selection of the day’s most important China-Africa stories. Updated 24 hours a day by human editors. No bots, no algorithms.
Diverse, often unconventional insights from scholars, analysts, journalist and a variety of stakeholders in the China-Africa discourse.
A unique professional network of China-Africa scholars, analysts, journalists and other practioners from around the world.