Two projects in East Africa highlight China’s growing role in the region’s electric transportation sector:
- KENYA: The Shenzhen Shenling Car Company Limited donated 49 electrified motorbikes for a new pilot project to replace gas-powered boda bodas (motorcycle taxis) in Nairobi. (UNITED NATIONS ENVIRONMENT PROGRAMME)
- UGANDA: China’s state-owned China Hi-Tech Group Corporation is providing skills training and technology transfer for a new Ugandan automotive initiative that will soon start to produce electric buses for the domestic market. (REUTERS)
- Get a daily email packed with the latest China-Africa news and analysis.
- Read exclusive insights on the key trends shaping China-Africa relations.
- Connect with leading professionals on the China- Africa Experts Network.