Chinese ambassador Ma Fulin (photo) led a donation ceremony at the international airport in the Republic of Congo capital Brazzaville on Wednesday to hand over 100,000 doses of Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine donated by the Chinese government. (CGTN)
Other Chinese Vaccine Headlines From Around the World
- BRITAIN: Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab urged poorer nations to wait for the “gold standard” vaccines delivered by a U.N.-backed program rather than opt for shots from China and Russia. (ASSOCIATED PRESS)
- UKRAINE: Health Minister Maksym Stepanov says the first batch of a coronavirus vaccine developed by China’s Sinovac Biotech Ltd is to arrive in Ukraine by the end of March. (KYIV POST)
- BRAZIL: A senior health ministry official has asked the Chinese embassy to help secure 30 million doses of a COVID-19 vaccine from China to ensure its inoculation program does not grind to a halt, according to a document seen by Reuters. (REUTERS)
- Get a daily email packed with the latest China-Africa news and analysis.
- Read exclusive insights on the key trends shaping China-Africa relations.
- Connect with leading professionals on the China- Africa Experts Network.