Two million doses of Chinese-made Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine arrived in Egypt on Monday, adding to the total of more than 14 million jabs Beijing has provided Cairo. The Ministry of Health said the vaccines will first be tested before being distributed to vaccination centers around the country. (EGYPT TODAY)
Other China-Africa Vaccine Headlines:
- SOMALIA: China’s new ambassador to Mogadishu, Fei Shengchao said Beijing will donate 500,000 doses of Sinopharm COVID vaccine to the Somali government. (@CHINESESOMALIA)
- TANZANIA: Tanzania on Monday received the second batch of 500,000 Sinopharm vaccine doses from China adding to the 1,065,600 doses that arrived from China last month. (CGTN)
- ZIMBABWE: Zimbabwe’s health ministry has approved the use of China’s Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine for 16- and 17-year-olds, it said on Monday, adding that the country aimed to achieve herd immunity by the end of December. (REUTERS)
- Get a daily email packed with the latest China-Africa news and analysis.
- Read exclusive insights on the key trends shaping China-Africa relations.
- Connect with leading professionals on the China- Africa Experts Network.
You've reached your free monthly article limit.
Subscribe today for unlimited access.
What is The China-Africa Project?
The CAP is passionately independent, non-partisan and does not advocate for any country, company or culture.
A carefully curated selection of the day’s most important China-Africa stories. Updated 24 hours a day by human editors. No bots, no algorithms.
Diverse, often unconventional insights from scholars, analysts, journalist and a variety of stakeholders in the China-Africa discourse.
A unique professional network of China-Africa scholars, analysts, journalists and other practioners from around the world.