In this week’s episode, Effy Zhang, a Beijing-based global affairs reporter for the privately-run financial news outlet Caixin, joins Eric & Cobus to talk about how she covers China-Africa issues for her readers in China.
It’s interesting to compare Chinese news coverage from that African and international reports that are often starkly different from one another, even when discussing the same issues.
- Voice of America: With a Positive Spin, Chinese News Outlets Cover Africa by Salem Solomon
- Council on Foreign Relations: Chinese Soft Power in Africa by John Campbell
- Chinese Journal of Communication: Perceptions of Chinese presence in Africa as reflected in the African media: a case study of Uganda by Goretti L. Nassanga & Sabiti Makara
- Get a daily email packed with the latest China-Africa news and analysis.
- Read exclusive insights on the key trends shaping China-Africa relations.
- Connect with leading professionals on the China- Africa Experts Network.